Friday, August 04, 2006

Bibliographical serendipity

Searching for a half-forgotten reference to a book describing a PBP ride I found this page. Before I made it down the page to Both are Better by Jane Schnell, the book I was looking for, A Trip Around Lake Ontario on a Bicycle by Fred Gardiner caught my eye. Many years ago I worked with Fred at Sunwheel Bicycle Couriers in Toronto and somewhere on my bookshelves I have copy of Fred's Ten Bike Tours in and Around Toronto. I also have a copy of his The Freewheelin'Thomas Hardy, although I've never had a change to follow any of the routes. Every time I come across Ten Bike Tours in and Around Toronto I wonder what the rides described in it would be like, after twenty years of urban expansion. Well, it turns out there is a 2006 revision of the book (unfortunately the original link has stoped working in the two weeks since I found it but there's a Google cache here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home